Royal Palms Resort and Spa: The Small Meetings Experts
All aspects of the resort’s conference services and venues have been designed to provide a “residential” experience for meetings, conferences and events.
PHOENIX – Like honored guests of a grand Spanish Colonial estate, conference attendees at the Royal Palms Resort and Spa, managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, will immediately know they are somewhere special. Instead of large, impersonal meeting rooms with harsh florescent lighting, Royal Palms greets meeting guests with wall tapestries, antique furniture, huge stone fireplaces, views of tranquil gardens, and natural lighting from the numerous arched windows and doors.
In the world of meetings today, most small conferences often take a back seat to larger, concurrent meetings in expansive convention hotels and resorts. Typically, smaller properties are seldom equipped to offer the full range of conference services and expertise necessary for a flawless gathering. But Royal Palms specializes exclusively in small to medium-sized meetings.
The resort features 9,083 square feet of indoor function space, and 11,370 square feet of outdoor gathering areas, for a total of 20,453 square feet of distinctive meeting and event venues. Striking architecture and landscaping, acclaimed culinary service, and 119 custom-appointed guestrooms and intimate clusters of casitas make this award-winning resort the perfect choice for an unforgettable meeting.
Originally built in 1929 as a summer retreat for Cunard Steamship executive and financier Delos Cooke, this Spanish-Mediterranean-style resort, located at the foot of Camelback Mountain on 8.9 acres is covered with magenta bougainvillea, lush flower gardens and exotic plants, the Royal Palms Resort and Spa combines the graciousness and sophistication of a European estate with the intimacy and privacy of a secluded retreat.
“Small executive groups will appreciate the intimate boardroom facilities and handsome library-like salons. This is a very special spot overseen by an exceptionally gracious staff.” Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report
Conference Services and Expertise
Regal boardrooms, intimate salons, a stately library and lushly landscaped outdoor function areas are each distinctly decorated to provide a comfortable, estate-like ambiance.
The resort provides three employees for every guest and a Conference Services Manager for each group. The staff is highly trained in gracious service, attention to detail and flexibility.
A la minute food service for all meeting events is provided by Executive Chef Paul McCabe. Private dining menus are designed from T. Cook’s, the hotel’s signature restaurant which has been acclaimed locally and nationally. Every dish served at conference events is delivered directly from the chef’s table to the dining table with no standard detours to warmers. The result is a highly unique restaurant-style table service.
High speed Internet access is available in meeting salons and the Business Center, and the network allows 200 computers to be used simultaneously. Wireless access is also available throughout the property.
A full complement of on-site audio visual services is provided including teleconferencing; video projection systems; sound systems; data projection equipment and software; lighting services; several options in screen size, ranging from 8’ tripods to 7’x10’ fast fold screens; and arrangements for video recording and duplication. A technical consulting and support staff will customize all audio visual programs and respond efficiently to last minute requests. LCD monitors, printers, facsimile and personal computers for meeting attendees are available for rental.
Complimentary valet parking, in-room coffee, shoeshine and evening turndown are provided to every overnight guest.
Swimming, hiking and a fitness center are available on site at no extra charge.
Specialty Group Programs
Royal Spa Break: smoothies with a choice of fresh pineapple, bananas or berries blended with fat-free yogurt, real fruit sorbet and shaved ice. Ginger (for digestion) or ginseng (for energy) may be added. Smoothies can be served with fruit and house-baked nut muffins, Harvest bars and fresh-brewed green tea.
Private massages can be scheduled in-room or in a poolside cabana. Massages and a selection of Mediterranean-based spa treatments are available at the Alvadora Spa, as are a unique variety of spa products for amenity baskets.
Hummer desert tours, biking or hiking tours, and golf tournaments at nearby distinguished golf courses like TPC Scottsdale can be customized for any group.
Indoor Conference Venues
Meeting rooms and salons feature windows and/or French doors and special residential design features. No two rooms are decorated alike, and most open onto patios and/or gardens.
• Views of Camelback Mountain and an adjoining open-air foyer overlooking the Reflecting Pool
- 2,450 square feet of private gathering space
- 280 people theater-style, 180 for banquets and 300 for receptions
- Opens to the Estrella Patio, overlooking the Reflecting Pool, which accommodates 200 receptions
- The Estrella Garden, facing Camelback Mountain, accommodates 60 for dining and 100 for receptions.
- Features an ornate fireplace with an antique wood mantel
- 2,120 square feet with an attached spacious pre-function foyer
- Accommodates seating for 200 theater-style, 140 for banquets, and 220 for receptions
- Adjacent Palmera Lounge accommodates 60 for dining and 80 for receptions
- The Palmera Garden, featuring a fireplace, accommodates 50 for receptions and 40 for dinner.
- Features yellow-toned walls trimmed in deep blue tiles, antique artifacts and mirrors, and French doors leading to a private patio which accommodates 20 for dining and 20 for receptions
- 612 square feet of intimate space, ideal for small groups
- Accommodates seating for 40 for dining and 50 for receptions
- Adjoins the Cervantes Library, accommodating 40 for receptions, furnished with a handsome wood bar, hand-carved fireplace mantel and overstuffed leather chairs. The fireplace survived the Chicago fire in an old brownstone building on Michigan Avenue.
- French doors frame views of the Mansion courtyard, Vernadero Lawn and Reflecting Pool
- Provides seating for 18 people
- Features a high redwood beam and board ceiling, a large pietra stone fireplace, oversized French doors and windows with custom designed damask draperies, original chandeliers, a large antique mahogany conference table, and hand-carved chairs.
Outdoor Function Areas
- A private garden enclosed by four stone walls and surrounded by flowers and citrus trees
- Contains an elevated stone dais with columns and arched back wall – a natural platform for presentation opportunities
- Accommodates 60 for dining, 80 for receptions Alegria Lawn (Croquet Lawn)
- Offers a stunning view of Camelback Mountain
- Accommodates 140 for dinner, 150 for receptions
- Nestled in a citrus grove and features a fountain and open-air ramada
- Accommodates 40 for dining and 60 for receptions
- An exquisitely lush venue enhanced by adjoining patios and fireplaces
- Accommodates 200 for receptions and 160 for dining.
Reflecting Pool Deck
- A tranquil setting surrounding the unique Reflecting Pool
- Accommodates 200 for receptions and 80 for dining
- Overlooks the Reflecting Pool
- Accommodates 125 for receptions and 60 for dining
Royal Palms’ Partner, Kuoni Desintation Management (KDM), retains an office on property and will assist with the planning and execution of off-property events and activities. Located only minutes from Scottsdale and its shopping, art galleries, fine restaurants and world-famous golf courses, Royal Palms offers exciting opportunities to explore the history, culture and terrain of Arizona.
- Airport and local transportation
- Recreational activities (including desert Hummer tours, cattle drives, museum tours)
- Tours and spouse programs
- Hospitality staff
- Team building
- Off-property dining and special events
- Group gifts
- Golf and spa
To contact the small meetings experts at Royal Palms, call 602-808-3126,
or visit online at www.royalpalmsresortandspa.com
# # #
A member of Historic Hotels of America, Royal Palms Resort and Spa is a AAA Four Diamond resort located at the foot of majestic Camelback Mountain. Combining the graciousness and sophistication of a Mediterranean villa with the intimacy and privacy of a secluded retreat, Royal Palms offers: 119 custom-appointed guest rooms, suites, intimate clusters of casitas and grand villas; regal Spanish Colonial architecture; over 20,000 square feet of estate-like meeting space; Tuscan-style gardens; exquisite tapestries, antiques and stone fireplaces throughout. Designed around the original historic private mansion, Royal Palms is home to the award-winning T. Cook’s restaurant, Mobil Four Star Alvadora Spa, a Mother-of-Pearl-tiled swimming pool with private cabanas, and croquet lawn. Just minutes from Scottsdale’s shopping, galleries, golf, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and the Camelback financial corridor, Royal Palms is an ideal retreat for business, pleasure and special occasions, offering luxury, privacy and convenience.
About Destination Hotels & Resorts
Destination Hotels & Resorts is a privately held hospitality management company headquartered in Colorado. With more than 40 independent, luxury and upscale hotels, resorts and golf clubs, Destination is the third largest hospitality management company in the country. The company’s portfolio features more than 10,000 guest rooms, 16 golf courses and 16 full-service spas. Destination Hotels & Resorts properties are located in key metropolitan and resort markets including Washington, D.C., Miami, Seattle, Denver, San Diego, Santa Fe, Aspen, Austin, Phoenix, Portland, Palm Springs, Palos Verdes, Maui and Lake Tahoe. The company is a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based investment, development and management firm Lowe Enterprises.
For a complete list of properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection, please visit www.destinationhotels.com.