To Wedding Cake or Not To Wedding Cake: Creative Dessert Ideas From Jessica Vallone!
Can't decide if you want go "traditional" with a formal cake for your wedding or ceremony, or do something less common, like creative art-like dessert towers, DIY gelato bars with funky seasonal flavors, or serve tasty jewel-size sweets to sample throughout the event?
Our very own Catering Sales Manager - and resident "Wedding Girl" (follow her on Twitter @JEV_WeddingGirl) - Jessica Vallone is back at the blog with some interesting, and sweet, dessert ideas:
It’s always fun to tie up the evening on a sweet, creative note. These quick tips may get the juices flowing, but they are just a sampling of what many brides and grooms are opting for these days in lieu of a more straightforward wedding cake. We love a great wedding cake, but mixing things up can sometimes be just as memorable:
- Colorful, striped towers of macarons in a variety of creative flavors.
- Twists on sweet "street food" like warm, cinnamon-dusted churros with a buffet of interesting dipping sauces, and cold ice cream on the side.
- Bouquets of cake pops in popular flavors, with bold icing and contrasting sprinkles on top.
- Homemade donuts, filled with fresh seasonal fruit jams like peach, fig or your favorite berry.
- Tongue-in-cheek, child-like whoopie pies in different sizes or flavor combinations. Or temperatures: one with a molten filling between warm pies, or another as a soft ice cream filled cake-like bite.
- And, the always popular build-your-own ice cream, sorbet or gelato bar, serving a rainbow of the couple's sentimental favorites or distinctive flavors! (note: at Royal Palms, our chefs can even make the ice cream right in front of you and your guests!)
Contact Royal Palms Resort's Catering Team today and begin the process of planning your big event: RPEvents@destinationhotels.com