Chef McCabe's Kitchen: Steelhead Trout Recipe
Spring is in the air, and in the kitchen at T. Cook's!
Chef Paul McCabe has been busy crafting his new spring dinner menus - due out the end of March - which includes this incredibly delicious steelhead trout dish that everyone can also make at home with this step-by-step recipe.
Steelhead Trout with Pole Beans, Sweet and Sour Pomegranate
- 7 ounce cut of steel head trout (skin on or off)
- Grape seed oil
- 3 pounds yellow pole beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 pounds trumpet zucchini, shaved
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- Unsalted butter
Main Ingredients Preparation:
- In medium oven-proof sauté pan on high heat, add canola oil and heat on stovetop until almost smoking. Season trout on both sides and place in pan, skin-side down. After 20 seconds on high heat turn down to medium heat and press firmly on meat to remove any air to ensure crispy skin. Finish skin-side down by roasting in oven at 350 degrees for about 6 minutes. In a separate pan, heat canola oil on medium before adding minced shallots to quickly sweat, then add zucchini and pole beans, before seasoning with salt. Add butter until warmed through.
- 1 quart pomegranate juice
- 1 ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
Pomegranate Sauce Preparation:
- In sauce pot add juice and pear. Bring to a simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat and place in a blender. Add remaining ingredient and process until smooth. Keep sauce in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 1 cup chopped roasted and unsalted pistachios
- 2 ounces champagne vinegar
- 1 ounces olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
Pistachio Vinaigrette Preparation:
- Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl and set aside.
- On one side of plate, spoon dollop of plum sauce and drag to opposite end of the plate. Place down sautéed vegetables on opposite side, then fish directly on top. Top fish and vegetables with spoonful of pistachio vin.
Don't want to make this at home? Make your dinner reservations now and taste this incredible and seasonal spring dish today at 602-808-0766. View all of T. Cook's current menus here.