5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day in New Orleans
Sensational jazz. Delicious food. Romantic scenery. New Orleans is the perfect place to spend Valentine’s Day with your special someone. Whether February 14th is a celebration of your relationship or the rekindling of an old flame, New Orleans offers a variety of experiences for every taste. With the help of our pal Cupid, we have selected five of the most romantic ways to spend Valentine’s Day 2014 in New Orleans.
- Before you embark on those long, romantic walks through the streets of the French Quarter, fuel up on classic New Orleans cuisine. Cafe Amelie offers some of the best brunch in New Orleans and is nestled in an exquisite courtyard that will get your Valentine’s Day off to a romantic start. Insider tip: this place is popular- for the best seating, be sure to reserve a table first.
- If you really want to let the good times roll, head to Harrah's New Orleans Casino, which is home to 113 table games, 20 poker tables, 1,873 slot machines, and a whole lot of fun! There’s nothing like a heated craps tournament to help show them just how supportive you can be.
- Once the day is winding down, it’s time to relax and get in some one on one time. City Park is perfect for picnicking and aimlessly wandering hand in hand. Insider tip: the Gondola ride is one of the most serene experiences in New Orleans.
- While in New Orleans, experiencing jazz music is a must! Indulge in the delectability of Arnaud's food and their iconic Dixieland Jazz music. Located in the heart of the French Quarter and just blocks from Royal St. Charles, Arnaud’s delivers fine dining and a hefty dose of NOLA culture.
- For the perfect nightcap, head over to PJ’s Coffee at Royal St. Charles for a relaxing space to unwind while enjoying New Orlean’s iconic PJ’s Coffee. PJ’s also offers fresh baked pastries, handmade chocolates, hot & cold entrees, and beer and wine for a delicious way to finish your Valentine’s Day evening on the town.