The Interview: Royal Palms' Wedding Team Michael Petersen-Incorvaia and Jessica Vallone!
Dynamic, creative and clever, Royal Palms' Wedding Team - comprised of Director of Catering Michael Petersen-Incorvaia and Catering Sales Manager Jessica Vallone - are the enthusiastic duo behind all of the elaborate, memorable weddings (grand and intimate) hosted at the resort throughout the year. It are these signature ceremonies and receptions that have established Royal Palms as one of the most sought-after wedding destinations in Arizona.
Inspired by one of our sister properties recent interview of their own - fellow Destination Wedding venue the Tempe Mission Palms - today we sat down with our Michael and Jessica for a wedding one-on-two.
Planning advice for brides?
- MPI: Start with a budget. This will help you will all of your decisions as you move forward.
- JV: I think an important tip for the bride to be would be to have fun and to really think about what they want for their wedding day.
Planning advice for grooms?
- MPI: Stay involved and be participatory.
- JV: Grooms should be involved in the wedding plans and be able to have his input in the wedding too, but he also needs to be able to provide lots of support and maybe a couple glass of wine for his fiancé during the planning process.
Wedding-wise, what sets Royal Palms apart from the competition?
- MPI: Having a wedding at Royal Palms gives the event a sense of intimacy. The resort lends itself to feeling like you are at someone’s private estate as opposed to just any resort.
- JV: Getting married at Royal Palms, you feel like you're getting married at a private home, compared to a large resort. We are a very unique property that strives to be extraordinary. The intimate, residential feel, combined with the cultured, aesthetic look of the Royal Palms, lends itself perfectly to wedding celebrations.
Most interesting wedding request you’ve encountered?
- MPI: I love when a couple does some clever twist or has a quirky detail that is reflective of them and I love when I get to be a part of it. I actually encourage it, and like a doctor, I honor "catering client confidentiality," so I will not spill the beans.
- JV: I had a bride request to remove a wall in the Alegria Garden so she could make her grand entrance from the side. Thankfully, we came up with another creative solution that did not involve any major re-construction.
Something commonly forgotten on the wedding day?
- MPI: To stop breath and enjoy the moment. It all happens so fast, I always like to remind my couples to stop for a moment and just soak it all in.
- JV: I think a lot of brides and grooms forget to take a step back on their wedding day and really see everything that is going on around them. It is such an amazing day, but it also goes by so quickly, so it is important for them to take a private moment to enjoy all of their hard work and planning!
Visit us online, or contact our Wedding Team - Michael and Jessica - with any questions and or to set up a site visit today!
602-808-3206 or RPEvents@destinationhotels.com